Saturday, May 12, 2007

Answer me this my pretty...

Alrighty. Just to break the non-posting streak, I have a topic I would like my fellow ponderers to chime in on with their two or three cents.

Challenge: In 500 words or less, give a description of an orthodox theology of Satan, touching on the following points: What were his origins? What was his status in the Old world? What is his status in the New world? Is he omniscient? Does he know everyone's names, fears, temptations, etc.?

The gauntlet has been verifiably thrown down.

6 comments:

The Blind Sage said...

What ho! What's all this, then?

A verifiable guantlet?

Indeed!

Well then - a theology of Satan you say. 500 words or less you say. Sounds fair - I'll have to whip something up.

Where's yours?! Surely throwing down the guantlet doesn't mean you won't be running it, eh?

The Fair Minstrel said...

Its coming, just keep your pants on... or toga, or bed sheet, or whatever it is you use to discreetly hide those legs of yours.

The Jolly Friar said...

I can do it in 6 words "Satan is a beddy, beddy, bad Angel."

The Blind Sage said...

There ya go - the Abridged version.

He was created good - now, not so much. He's not omniscient because he's - created. But he's no slouch either. I think he knows my name, and fairly sure he's got a decent file on me somewhere. But I read the end of the book, and he gets it pretty bad.

Ok, ok... I'll do more sometime when I'm not scrubbing the Abbey floors.

The Fair Minstrel said...

except.. thats 7 words...

The Blind Sage said...

Didn't Bill Clinton argue that "is" isn't really a word?