Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And now for something completely different...

Just to lighten the mood a bit.

I was rummaging through my college poetry vaults, and came across this little gem. This has actually been published by an acclaimed literary journal... from Cabrillo College. Six popsicles go to the first one to catch the literary allusion.

Fairsized


The Cow

Once upon a mid morn sunny,
As I pondered over money
All alone my soul felt funny
For my friends went to the store.

I was left all by my lonesome
Hearing far off cattle groan some
Shaken by some sad unknownsome
I began to worry sore.

First of all, a cow was mooing
Then I felt some trouble brewing
For I saw that bovine chewing
Stately ravens, birds of yore.

Not the least obeisance made he
Not a minute stopped or stayed he
But with air of Marsha Brady
Sat upon my chamber door.

How he got there, ne’er he told me
Yet with harsh words he did scold me
Then his actions did enfold me
For my mind he did explore.

“Prophet”, said I, “Thing of evil!
“Leave me now you bovine devil”
So he left me, off to revel,
And I saw him, nevermore.

1 comment:

The Blind Sage said...

Too easy. Poe, of course.

Nice poem. Ha! Poe-m. Never mind.

Wow, I just realized, I don't even have any collegiate poetry vaults. Or any other kind of poetry vaults, for that matter.

So, where are my popcicles?