Monday, September 3, 2007

Freak Windstorm in Central Valley

A homeowner near Patterson, CA experienced a freak of nature last night, and it seemed personal. Grover Adamson was doing a little house cleaning yesterday afternoon, placing everything on the front lawn. Being a calm evening, he decided to leave it there overnight, with the plan of going through it the next morning. During the night, a freak windstorm came and blew away the entire lot of goods he had out there. Every last scrap was gone, and still has not been found. No other houses on the block appear disturbed or even touched.

"I just couldn't believe it," said Mr. Adamson. "It was like an act of God had descended upon my front porch."

Whether really a sign from above or not, meteorologists are still trying to figure out how it started, where it went, and if it will come again.

"I was simply going through everything I owned," Mr. Adamson explained. "You know, the kind of deep cleaning that takes you under couches and in the cushions, in the corners of closets, the drawer in the kitchen nobody likes. I held nothing back. I put it all on the front lawn. And next morning it was completely gone. We know nobody stole it, because there were no tracks. It seems like a big vacuum cleaner came and just sucked it all up. Actually its sort of liberating, not having to deal with all that garbage."

4 comments:

The Jolly Friar said...

Not sure I believe that a storm took his stuff away. I think reality is more like someone accosted the stuff very well without a trace. You'd be amazed how easy that is....not that I've ever done anything like that, but I hear it's not really all that difficult :-)

The Jolly Friar said...

He probably put all the stuff in the backyard and forgot and thought it was the front yard. LOL!

The Fair Minstrel said...

Well, good Friar, you do know that this isn't really a news item. Its more of a parable in a modern setting. Blessed is he who hears and understands...

:)

The Blind Sage said...

Yes, if only it were that easy. Problem is, I drag my stuff out on the front lawn repeatedly, the wind blows something fierce, I rejoice, go inside, fall asleep - only to wake up and find that I've sleep-walked back out, gathered up as much of the crap as my arms could carry, and hauled it right back in the house. Can't seem to break the habit! What I need is for the Wind to blow so hard, the whole danged house comes down,crap and all, gets ripped into pieces, and somehow reassembled into something new and better. Now THAT would be a real miracle!